Germiston Veterinary Hospital was started in 1949 by Basil Henry Pappin.
It was attached to his house in Cachet Road, Lambton. This was a mixed animal practice.
In 1962 he was joined by Aaron Vogelnest and a satellite practice in Primrose was opened. In mid-sixties Jan Marnewick joined and a further satellite proactive in Alberante was opened. At this point the practice was still a mixed animal practice with Jan Marnewick responsible for most of the large animal work.
In 1966 Jacobus Moller joined the practice as a general practitioner and then specialised in small animal surgery. In 1971 Ian Schlesinger and Hennie Van Der Walt joined the practice. The former as a small animal practitioner and the latter involved in equine medicine and surgery.
The Alberton Practice relocated to Randhart and the Primrose practice to Sunnyridge.
In 1973 the Germiston Practice relocated to its present location in Dinwiddie with six partners and was the largest Private Veterinary Hospital in South Africa. In 1980 both Basil Pappin (Retired) and Aaron Vogelnest (Emigrated) left the practice. 1980 saw both Tony Henning and William Venning join the Practice. Tony Henning as a Large Animal Practitioner predominantly specialising in dairy but also doing feedlot and some horse work, as well as Germiston Public Health. William Venning joined as a small animal practitioner.
Jan Marnewick retired from the practice to pursue his own feedlot practice. In 1991 Charles Schmitz joined the practice as a mixed animal practitioner. In 2002, Kowie Moller resigned from the practice to continue his career as a specialist small animal surgeon but operated from the Germiston Veterinary Hospital facilities until his retirement and relocation in 2015.
Tony Henning emigrated to New Zealand in 1994. Hennie Van Der Walt retired in 1998. William Venning retired and relocated to Fish Hoek in 2011.
In 2016 Ian Schlesinger retired from the practice and Charles Schmitz retired from the practice to pursue his career in Randhart.