BEFORE YOU GO
Ask yourself if your pet will be comfortable and happy on the trip. Some pets prefer to stay at home and the possibility or a motion-sick pet will ruin everyone’s trip. In such a case it would be wiser to leave your pet with a friend, relative or pet sitter. Alternatively you might consider boarding.
- If you decide to take your pet along, you must take as much care with the preparation of your pet’s trip as your own.
- Depending on where you are going, you must ensure that your pet is welcome there.
- Consult with your vet to establish what medical as well as general supplies should be taken with you.
- Ensure that all vaccinations are up to date.
- Ensure your pet always wears a collar with identification.
- Pack food, toys, dishes, cool water and a leash.
- Have a checkup with your vet prior to the trip.
- Ensure you treat pet with a tick & flea product prior to trip.